Friday, September 19, 2003

Crazy Eights

OK, evidently Talk Like a Pirate Day was also Eat Like a Pirate Day in my neck o' the woods, as the League of Lunatics welcomed its seventh and eighth members, Jonny and Ryan, into the fold. This time, the Chipotle cashier guy actually recognized them going through the line the second time and wondered what was up, and they told him about the whole concept of the 2BC. The cashier seemed to think that was an idea that the company might have to "pirate" (haha) from me. At first that bugged me a bit, but then I realized that could mean either 1) the 2BC for money (hey, I'd do it again if cash were at stake), or 2) royalties, for coming up with the idea. Either way, not a bad thing.

Oh yeah, and there was a great moment tonight when Ryan actually thought Steven's given name was "Steven Dingus." I'll have to explain the whole Dingus thing on here pretty soon, as well as the run-yourself-through-Google idea I was talking about earlier in the week.

But for now, I'm off for a bit. I'll be judging Region Jazz tryouts in the morning, and then headed to Austin to visit my sister and her family, including my first look at new nephew Caleb. While I'm there, I'll be seeing Soulive on Sunday as part of the Austin City Limits Music Festival. I'll have a full report when I get back.

No comments: