- After a recent snowstorm, the federal government offered aid money to an Ohio township hard-hit by the storm. The township turned it down, saying that the money should be saved for real emergencies.
- A Wisconsin man is working toward a professed goal of not using a drop of gas for 31 days. (He won't even bum rides off his friends, unless he's on their way somewhere.)
- A Pennsylvania woman has been sentenced to nearly two years in jail for having her son dress up as a Cub Scout and collect money for a nonexistent cause.
- A team from Cornell University has created a 100 MPG hybrid from a Geo Metro chassis.
- A municipal court in Virginia subpoenaed a baby over an unpaid chiropractor bill. (Neither of the 1-year-old's parents were named in the case, which was thrown out when the error was discovered.)
Sunday, May 18, 2008
A Weekend Cornucopia
A collection of oddities from hither and yon: