- In an unusual case of "potty mouth," a Pennsylvania woman was given a citation for cursing at her overflowing toilet within earshot of a neighbor, who just happened to be an off-duty police officer.
- Crime victims fight back, part 1: A couple discovered a burglar in their home and threatened him with a decorative ax; they also ripped off his mask before he fled.
- Crime victims fight back, part 2: Another couple also caught a burglar in their home and held him at gunpoint while he cleaned up the mess he had made.
- Ever wondered if texting while driving is as dangerous as people say it is? Ask the guy who hit a train while doing so.
- A 75-year-old grandmother in Virginia took out her frustration on the local cable company by going down to its office and smashing some of their office equipment with a hammer.
- And finally, in the ironic twist of the day, Eau Claire, Wisconsin's Archery Park no longer allows archery.
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Things I've run across this week that I haven't had time to post until now: