- From a town with the cool name of Cannonball, North Dakota comes the story of the moose that thinks it's a cow, mixing in with the herd and refusing to leave.
- In a similar vein, a Virginia man brought home a stray kitten, and golden retriever started nursing it and otherwise playing Mom to the little feline.
- In Pennsylvania, a dog that got lost last month walked the 7 miles back home over three days.
- When a Pittsburgh-area veterinary clinic caught fire, the vet had to finish spaying a dog out in the middle of the street
- And finally, a dog in Maine helped save its owner during a recent house fire, which was started by the cat.
Friday, October 12, 2007
More Animal Stories
Once again, my old radio-show feature in print form: