Sunday, November 26, 2006

Still Catching Up...

...so I'll just post the news stories today. I hope to be done with a "big" post or two shortly.

A sign that your kid is too young for his own phone: Police in Round Rock were dumbfounded by the 49 calls placed to 911 in a short time from an unregistered cell phone. Eventually, they discovered the calls were being placed by a 7-year-old elementary school student calling for fun from class. The phone had been deactivated, and the only number that would work was 911.

HoustonBillings, we have a problem: A student at a Montana high school punched a teacher recently during a spate of student violence. Another notable part of the story is that it's the same school where the principal was recently suspended for giving a student a wedgie. (I thought I'd blogged the latter story already, but evidently not.)

You say potato, they say go to jail: A man in Canada was arrested for shooting off a potato gun from his porch (it was one of the big kinds, as opposed to the toy, but I'd hope the police would know the difference and react accordingly).

This probably works great, but it's just funny: A lady demonstrates the way to do a proper workout for your face muscles.

Cool gadget of the week: The T-shirt that turns "air guitar" motions into actual music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not knowing anything about the lady, yes it's a funny video to watch. But in the world of info-mercials and exercise videos she is as well know as Jack LaLane was years ago. I wish I could remember her name so I could Google her info for you but after looking at that body and face would you believe she is close to 60 if not over? Yep, she's a sr. citizen!!!! Wish I would have listened to my mother and gotten off my butt years ago!

Eric Grubbs said...

I have an aunt and uncle that live in Billings. This might be the talk to the town!