Saturday, October 04, 2003

We Knew This Would Happen Eventually...

Fresh-Mex Restaurant Chains Get Grilled (MSN.com): The Food Police are on the prowl again, and they're coming after "Fresh-Mex" places like Chipotle. Will that stop me from going there once (twice?) a week? Nope. Will it convince me to add the lettuce a few more times? Sure. Will I ever do the 2BC again? Not likely, but I felt that way before I knew the caloric content of my beloved burrito. (No need to repeat the feat; my place in the League of Lunatics is secure.) Will it convince me to get some new racquetball equipment sooner rather than later? Sure, but I was gonna do that anyway. Have I gained any appreciable amount of weight in the 2 1/2 years I've been eating there? Uh-uh.

The bottom line is, even if the famed "foil torpedo" is a bit higher in calories than one might desire, it's still better food than a Quarter Pounder. And there's no reason I couldn't go back to eating only half of it sometimes and saving the rest for a future lunch. I'm not as skinny as I'd like to be (yet), but the fact of the matter is, the "Kev Diet" works to an extent: Running around as much as I do (between schools, carrying 30 pounds worth of saxophone and music) obviously makes up for those big dinners a few times a week. They're not adding to my girth, so they must be being burned off by the frenzied activity of my week. Now if I can get the good-vs.-fast lunch thing down....but that's a subject for another post.

No comments: