Friday, October 31, 2003

Boo!

Happy Halloween to all. I'm at the point of life where it's not always that big of a deal--too old to trick-or-treat, and no trick-or-treaters of my own yet. I could go to a party or two, but my parents are in town, so I'll hang with them for dinner and probably do what I did last year: go to a HS football game to see a few of my schools march against each other. Maybe next year, when it's on a Sunday, I'll stay home and do the candy thing.

Also, a happy 34th birthday to KNTU, one of my former workplaces and cool haunts (pun intended, haha) from college. As would fit a place "born" on Halloween, legend has it that the first words uttered over the air were expletives, accidentally spouted out by a student worker who didn't know the mic was open when he started the music at the wrong speed. Speaking of legends, I'm about to recount the tale of the "haunted house" where KNTU spent about 17 years...it'll be in the next post in a little bit. (For a short history of KNTU, read the UNT press release from its 30th birthday in 1999.)

QUOTE OF THE DAY: "I've been having a bad week all day."--One of my sixth-graders, in a lesson this morning. I think we can all relate to that...

No comments: