Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

Here are just a few things that I'm thankful for today:
  • My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ; I wouldn't be anywhere without Him.

  • Family. My parents just left for a long-awaited trip to Germany, but I get to spend Thanksgiving with my sister and her family. And it's great that all of us are within a short day's drive of each other and don't have to mess with flying, buses, etc., to see each other.

  • Friends. I have some of the greatest friends that anyone could ever want. Even though we're getting a bit more far-flung now (I'm pretty sure that, for two of them, this is the first Thanksgiving they won't be spending at home with their families), we're always in each other's hearts, and when we get together next, it will be like no time has passed at all. (And a special shout-out to my brothers in Sinfonia, an amazing extended family from coast to coast.)

  • Health. A lot of people I know have had various health challenges this year; I'm grateful not to be one of them, since I spent a bit too much time in doctor's offices in '09.

  • Mobility. A year ago, I was five months out from my knee surgery, having ditched the cane and brace and finished physical therapy. But I was still a little gimpy for a while, and I'm happy to have regained my full stride and to even be able to run if I needed to do so.

  • Music. Few other things have the ability to uplift the spirit the way that music does. And I get to play and teach it for a living!

  • America. With all her faults, she's still the greatest nation that's ever been in existence. Where else would you want to live?
May this be a blessed and joyful day for you and yours.

No comments: