- This would have to be confusing not only at the wedding, but for the rest of their lives: A guy named Kelly Hildebrant is getting married. His bride-to-be's name? Kelly Hildebrandt. (I love how the writer refers to them as "Kelly girl" and "Kelly boy" in the story.)
- Two town councilors want to shut down the famous Abbey Road crosswalk in London, evidently because it's "too popular." Sure; let's just shut down Westminster Abbey while we're at it; I'm sure it gets a lot of visitors.
- Firefighters in New Zealand had to rescue a boy who got his head stuck inside a tambourine.
- I'm guessing this isn't tax-deductible: Someone in Colorado "generously" placed a land mine inside a Goodwill collection box.
- Check out the newest geeky fad for twentysomethings: Intercollegiate Quidditch.
- And finally, in a prime example of Road Sign Crew FAIL, Wisconsin highway workers managed to install a sign where the only correctly-spelled word on the sign is "EXIT"--they got everything else wrong, including "BUISNESS."
Sunday, August 09, 2009
A Sunday Smorgasbord
A random collection of things that I've run across while catching up on my weird news sites: