- Builders in Maine completed a nearly 32-foot-high sand castle that they hope will go into the Guinness Book of Records.
- A Kentucky farmer is being sued because the propane cannon he uses to scare birds away from his crops is too loud, according to his neighbors.
- Golfers in Washington state were confused when an emu appeared on the course and started following them around from hole to hole.
- A Japanese man has won the world air-guitar championship for the second straight year.
- A woman in North Dakota was surprised to discover that her front yard was full of baby snapping turtles. Now, if only she could train them to mow the lawn...
- A Seattle-area woman, protesting the ability of people to register to vote without providing photo identification, signed her dog up to vote, but she was hit with a $250 fine for doing so.
- A Canadian man was charged with reckless driving of a horse and buggy; among other things, the horse ran over someone's bike.
- And finally, a man in Alaska decided that he was too drunk to drive home, so he had his 11-year-old son do so instead.
Saturday, September 08, 2007
A Saturday Smorgasbord
Once again, all the news that's fit to link: