- After a Wisconsin family's dog ate $750 in cash, they had to search his, umm, leavings to try and get it back. (They managed to recover most of it.)
- New research project for people with too much time on their hands: Do fish suffer from exposure to rock music being played live nearby?
- You've heard of the "mile-high club," in all likelihood. Now some people are using private luxury submarines to join the "mile-below club." What's really odd is that such behavior is bothering the dolphins.
- A teenager in Brooklyn climbed into a mailbox (on a dare from a friend, of course) and had to be rescued by police. Key quote from the story: "It was unclear if the teen was acting on a double-dog dare."
- And finally, as if we didn't have enough to worry about already, your friends may be making you fat.
Thursday, July 26, 2007
More Stuff I MIssed Last Week
One more collection of oddities from while I was teaching camp: