Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Kids Say Do the Darnedest Things

A pretty funny thing overheard (and overseen) at one of my schools today:

DIRECTOR (half-jokingly, to kid on crutches): Well, now you can spend some of the time that you were spending playing soccer on playing your instrument instead, and it'll be a lot less dangerous. You always hear about people getting hurt playing sports, but never about people getting hurt playing the saxophone.

(a few seconds pass; director goes back to the band office)

KID I'D JUST FINISHED TEACHING: Owwwwww!

ME (looking out into hallway): What happened?

KID: He just ran into me with his crutches, and it knocked my mouthpiece into my lip.

ME (to director a few minutes later, recounting story): So I guess you actually can get hurt playing the saxophone....

No comments: