- A grocery store customer in the process of being robbed was able to subdue the would-be robber by beating him with a can of applesauce.
- It was bad enough that a guy in Arkansas had to dress up in a chicken suit in 105-degree weather, but the situation became intolerable when passersby shot bottle rockets at him.
- Looking for good art? Try the restroom at the train station (and no, we're not talking about graffiti).
- Want to impress your friends at a party? Bring out the $225,000 bottle of tequila.
- A restroom scene from a film shoot in India was interrupted by auto-flushing urinals. (Why were they filming in the restroom? Maybe to get a look at the artwork on the wall...
- Headline of the month so far: Guard dog destroys Elvis' teddy bear.
- One less reason to visit England this summer: They've cancelled the dead eel-tossing contest.
- Fun gadget of the week: A floating bed, which can be yours for a cool $1.54 million.
- And finally, this one is just too easy a target: Someone stole a donut truck, but it was quickly recovered by the local police.
Catchin' up, part 2: My remaining posts about the Washington trip are done: a wrapup of my thoughts from the week, and a rant about Washington's restrictions on hearing live music for people under 21 (it's the sequel to this one from several years ago. All that's left now is the posting of the pictures, and then I'll be totally caught up.
(UPDATE: Pictures have been added to the Flora and Fauna 101 post, from the day when we hit four major places within a few hours of each other. Enjoy!)