Friday, February 10, 2006

Blowing Out a Whole Hand's Worth of Candles

Happy birthday to Noah, the oldest of my two nephews; he's five today. Ever since he could talk, he's been a great conversationalist, and he's a sweet kid who's a lot of fun. Since we live about three hours apart (and since my sister and her family are getting back from a ski trip today), I won't get to see them all, but I'm hoping to sneak in a quick lunch with them on my way back from TMEA, if the two all-staters I'm "chaperoning" don't object (they're community college all-staters, so they obviously don't need actual chaperoning, but I'm going down as their sponsor from the school). That's the only thing I'm going to miss this year is the nice long visit that we usually have on my way back.

In case you missed it two years ago, here's an account of how I found out about Noah's birth while I was at TMEA; I had jokingly requested that my sister not have him while I was out of town, but babies operate on nobody's schedule but their own.

Not so fortunate: I eat a lot of Chinese food, but I've never gotten an obscene fortune cookie like these guests at a Brooklyn political fundraiser accidentally received.

No comments: