Thursday, February 09, 2006

Anyone Taking Bets...

...on whether or not the weather forecast is right this time? They've invoked one of the S-words (this time, it's "sleet") in their projections for tomorrow, but we in North Texas have been teased by meteorologists more than a few times before. It's not expected to stick, but it could make for a messy commute tomorrow afternoon and maybe scuttle a lot of people's social plans.

NEXT DAY UPDATE: Naah; by this morning, there wasn't anything wintry at all in the forecast, save for some really cold temperatures at night.

I really can pick 'em: Last night was, of course, the Grammy Awards. I didn't watch, but I did find the jazz winners list, and several of the winners were CD's that I own and/or have blogged about supporting concerts: Wayne Shorter Quartet's Beyond the Sound Barrier, Pat Metheny Group's The Way Up, and the Dave Holland Big Band's Overtime (links later; I'm racing a Blogger outage here).

Someone else is thinking like me: A few days ago, I posted about the oddball idea of a car engine that ran on urine. Now a guy in New Jersey says he's invented an engine that runs on almost any liquid, including pickle juice or Listerine. But attorneys general in several states say that he's a fraud.

2 comments:

Eric Grubbs said...

I'm betting on some slush, but more rain than anything else. Thankfully "ice" wasn't one of the words thrown around . . .

Anonymous said...

In the mental state that I'll be in within a few hours.. I attribute any winter like weather I witness to whatever the oral surgeon is gonna give me to keep me knocked silly.