Tuesday, May 27, 2003

*Whew*

Finally....on the fourth try, I can now say I've coached a quartet that got a first division at state. :-) There was really no doubt; the judge had nearly all nice things to say, including the first things out of his mouth (always a good sign). They did a great job and hard work was rewarded. (And it's not like it was an easy judge, either; he only awarded four 1's all day...still a lot compared to this other sax room, which was a total bloodbath: only one 1 all day and mostly 3's. Bet he doesn't get asked back....) And on the way home, we got to experience the Trifecta (Chipotle, Krispy Kreme, Starbucks) in Round Rock. A quite successful weekend, all in all.

And now, just one more day of teaching for the semester ('course the summer will start up on Monday for me, heh heh). Still, I'm looking forward to kicking back a bit. I'll probably write more on this thing too, so get ready for a screenful...

No comments: