Thursday, September 03, 2009

Tonight, the Green are Mean Again

I had almost forgotten that my alma mater was opening its football season tonight; it's not like I could watch the game, teaching a late night class as I do. But I remembered to check the score just now, and I was more than pleasantly surprised at the outcome: North Texas beat Ball State 20-10 tonight, in a game in which the Mean Green were 16 1/2-point underdogs. New starting quarterback (and coach's son) Riley Dodge evidently had a very good night, throwing for over 200 yards (and a touchdown) and running for nearly 75 more.

UNT plays more home games this season than they have in about 15 years, and, now that I can sit comfortably in stadium seats again, you can bet i'll be at quite a few games.

It's a late night and a busy week, so that's all for now. Go Mean Green!

No comments: