Thursday, June 11, 2009

Question of the Day

Q: What's the best way for a blogger who's nearly a week behind on new posts to make the best use of his time?
A: Umm, join yet another social networking site. Yeah, that's it...

Well, best way or not, I decided to do just that yesterday--a birthday present to myself, if you wish. That's right, now you can follow me on Twitter.

I don't expect this to turn into a list of boring minutiae like some people's sites tend to be (in other words, you'll never hear me tweet "I'm eating a sandwich" unless there's a really good reason for it. (For example, eating a sandwich made with Gruyère cheese in its namesake town in Switzerland would be tweet-worthy, whereas eating the same sandwich at Jason's Deli in Rowlett would not be.)

So I don't see this taking away from the blog, nor necessarily completely overlapping it; I might well relate an interesting observation that wouldn't be worthy of its own blog post, or I might "tease" an upcoming post by tweeting it first. And I like the idea of being able to update from my cell phone via text message, and I look forward to the challenge of having my occasional (usual?) verbosity reined in by Twitter's 140-character limit.

At any rate, check it out if you're so inclined.

No comments: