Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter; Is Any Bunny Still Reading?

First of all, I'd like to wish a happy Easter to those who so celebrate, and I invite you to remember the Reason for the season, even amidst family gatherings, chocolate bunnies, eggs and so on.

I've been known to get behind at blogging during the week, but this past week was really bad. I'm all caught up for the month now, so I wanted to point out the unfinished posts that have been completed this weekend, so that all my writing doesn't go for naught (if a blog post is written in the forest and nobody reads it, does it make a sound?):
  • The state of Texas is trying to raise the smoking age to 19, and this nonsmoker thinks that's a bad idea.

  • I salute the return of jazz-pop songstress Basia and pay tribute to the long-departed bari player who graced her earliest recordings.

  • The Plano Independent School District may be lowering its standards in certain areas for middle-schoolers.

  • Just a few weeks after the Ryan Moats incident, a previous violent run-in between a police officer and a citizen--a deaf guy, in this case--has resulted in a settlement with the city.

  • That smoke you may have smelled on Thursday night came a long way to get here.

  • Those "convenience charges" that we pay to go to big concerts aren't completely Ticketmaster's fault.
I'll try to do better at posting this week (this post was even done early so that I can have the rest of the day off). Enjoy your day today, in whatever way you might be celebrating.

No comments: