I've been known to get behind at blogging during the week, but this past week was really bad. I'm all caught up for the month now, so I wanted to point out the unfinished posts that have been completed this weekend, so that all my writing doesn't go for naught (if a blog post is written in the forest and nobody reads it, does it make a sound?):
- The state of Texas is trying to raise the smoking age to 19, and this nonsmoker thinks that's a bad idea.
- I salute the return of jazz-pop songstress Basia and pay tribute to the long-departed bari player who graced her earliest recordings.
- The Plano Independent School District may be lowering its standards in certain areas for middle-schoolers.
- Just a few weeks after the Ryan Moats incident, a previous violent run-in between a police officer and a citizen--a deaf guy, in this case--has resulted in a settlement with the city.
- That smoke you may have smelled on Thursday night came a long way to get here.
- Those "convenience charges" that we pay to go to big concerts aren't completely Ticketmaster's fault.