Sunday, March 08, 2009

The Tourist Side of Abbey Road

Here's a funny video taken at the site of the famous crosswalk used on the cover of the Beatles' Abbey Road album:



The band who put out the video, Blame Ringo, calls it "A day in the life of Abbey Road" (nice double Beatles reference there). It's not surprising to see that the crosswalk is such a photo-op for tourists, but it's amazing to actually see how many people stop to get their pictures taken there. (And the time-lapse photography makes it appear that some of the people are a lot closer to getting run over than they really are; I guess the locals must be used to it by now.)

incidentally, Blame Ringo's music is pretty cool-sounding (I'm a sucker for anything that sounds like the Beatles), and I'll definitely be picking up their CD when my new allotment of eMusic downloads comes up later in the month. For an explanation of how they got their name, visit their website.

Hat tip: Althouse, where one of the commenters asks how many people would do (or have already done) this when visiting London, if given the chance. I would certainly do that, and I'd even do it barefoot à la Paul McCartney, weather permitting.

I know I've posted this before, but it's cool enough to link again: When Engineers Have Pets--the coolest mechanical dog toy ever.

I concert I'll definitely have to...miss: MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice, together (evidently, they loved them in Utah).

No comments: