Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kids Put the Darnedest Things in Their School Reports

I usually don't post forwarded emails, but this one is really funny:
Life Lesson# 45893 = Always check your child's homework before it gets to school!
________________________________

When asked to draw a picture of what they wanted to be when they grew up, second-grader "Sarah" turned in the lovely drawing shown below. Needless to say, the teacher was a bit surprised -- Mrs. Smith had always seemed like such a conservative woman. So she sent a note home to the girl's mother asking for clarification as to the picture's meaning.



Here's the reply the teacher received the following day:

Dear Mrs. Jones,

I wish to clarify that I am not now, nor have I ever been, an exotic dancer.

I work at Home Depot and I told my daughter how hectic it was last week before the blizzard hit. I told her we sold out every single shovel we had, and then I found one more in the back room, and that several people were fighting over who would get it. Her picture doesn't show me dancing around a pole. It's supposed to depict me selling the last snow shovel we had at Home Depot.

From now on I will remember to check her homework more thoroughly before she turns it in.
As one of my friends pointed out when I sent him the email, for something that's not a dancing pole, it is a really, really big snow shovel...

Thanks for not coming, have an ice day: We're in the midst of an ice storm warning here in the DFW area; the public schools canned all after-school activities, and the college closed well before I would have gotten there. To all my fellow Metroplexites--if you have to go anywhere tonight, be careful out there.

No comments: