- The first mall that I can remember visiting as a kid (in the Chicago area) closed down this past week.
- The state "educrats" really messed up by leaving fine arts (and economics, among other things) out of the formula for calculating high school students' grade point averages to be used for college admissions.
- I found a really funny website about businesses that have taken over old fast-food restaurants...and did little to disguise the buildings' former identity.
- UNT football may be going through a rough patch, but I'm totally on board with their new stadium idea.
- And finally, over the weekend, I discovered a great recently-opened New Urbanist development up in Allen.
Float for aye: Happy Founders Day to my fraternity, Sinfonia, a fine brotherhood of musicians. (We're 110 years old today!)