Thursday, May 31, 2007

We "Showed Them" Some Jazz

FARMINGTON, MISSOURI--We made it to the "Show Me" State in record time (our bus driver is awesome like that) and thus had time for a decent nap before tonight's gig at Mineral Area College, where we split a show with their "Kicks" Band, a community group not unlike my own Combo PM (except that this one is bigger and highly populated by local band directors). The venue was much more spacious and much more "live," and both bands did a good job.

And now we have a chill day tomorrow--going into St. Louis itself to see the Arch and eat at my favorite Italian place downtown. But in the meantime, I'm calling it an early night; the two consecutive 5 a.m. wakeups and the "road food" have taken its toll, so I'm using tonight to hopefully regenerate and prepare for the biggest performance of the trip on Saturday.

Blowing out the candles: Happy birthday to Jonathan; I can't believe I've known you for half your life now...

No comments: