Sunday, March 12, 2006

Lazy Day

It's been the first weekend of spring break, and I haven't really done squat the whole time.

To quote the Mickey D's commercial, I'm lovin' it.

I do have a few things to accomplish this week, and I also found a cool site with a bunch of transcribed sax solos and jazz exercises on it, so stuff will get done, and soon. But I really needed a day like today where I did little besides watch TV, nap and eat from the time I got home from church until just now. If anything, I started to get a little bit bored, so, like so many things in life, I'll be striving for a balance between accomplishment and relaxation. But just the mere fact that I don't have to get up at 6 a.m. during the week is, in a way, enough of a vacation for me.

Oh, and as I speculated in the Cool Concert Tour Update post of last week, I will be headed to New Orleans this coming weekend to see Mintzer at the Loyola Jazz Festival. (True Mintzerphiles will recognize the title of this post as one of his tunes.) I'm also hoping that perhaps my favorite restaurant will be open by the time I'm there; it doesn't appear on the website anymore, but there is an outlet in the 'burbs that's not too far.

This person had even more time on their hands than I did today: Someone actually made a real-life version of the intro to The Simpsons. I won't quibble too much that they have the live Lisa playing a tenor sax instead of her beloved bari...

This is another fine mess you've gotten yourself into, Bullwinkle:A confused moose managed to get himself tangled up in a swingset.

Salty egg king steams the vegetable sponge: Here's a great list of oddly-translated items from the menu at a Chinese restaurant. (WARNING: Some of the language in the post is a little "salty" as well, but it's really, really funny.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also found a cool site with a bunch of transcribed sax solos and jazz exercises on it."
Come on Mr. Educator.. share the wealth! I need something new to do while my car is in the shop for 3 days.

Anonymous said...

I just read that restaurant menu. I think I pulled a muscle laughing too hard. Some of those more questionable ones at the bottom were just amazing.

What a great way to start off the day.
Thanks! :-)

Shawn said...

YouTube has some great jazz clips as well. A new favorite of mine to hear from forums of new clips - I don't even have to look it up myself!