Monday, March 01, 2010

Off the Road Again

The long bus trip that consumed last night/this morning has come to a close, and I've already had a nice nap in my own bed this afternoon. I knew that this final leg of our jazz tour would be exhausting, and that prediction certainly came true.

We left Elmhurst around six last night, and--with the exception of a few stretch breaks, a gas stop, and two meals--were on the bus nonstop all the way back to Dallas. Bus sleep is never good sleep, but at least I was able to get a little bit of it anyway. (The one thing I forgot to bring on this trip was a pillow for the bus. Thankfully, one of the travel-stop places had little travel pillows--about 3/4 the size of a usual one--on sale for four bucks. That thing paid for itself within an hour as far as I'm concerned.)

The trip itself was great; the bands played well, Elmhurst is a cool little town, and, as I noted earlier, I finally got to see my snow for the year (it was on the ground the entire time we were in the northern half of Illinois). I may elaborate a bit more on this trip later on in the week, but for now, it's time to watch Leno's Tonight Show re-debut and then try to get on a normal sleep schedule again.

No comments: