- We wouldn't need this very often in Dallas, but engineers in Japan have come up with a machine that "eats" snow off the road and, well, "poops" small bricks of ice onto a rack in its rear section. (Since it's small and yellow, bonus points also go to whomever Photoshopped a pair of Pikachu ears onto it.)
- A not-so-surprising math equation, really: Pig + Space Heater = House Fire.
- A Chinese buffet restaurant drew the ire of a longtime patron when it charged him double for eating too much. Key quote: "She says, 'Y'all fat, and y'all eat too much.'"
- But can the guy above really help it? The author of a new book says that obesity is a "lifestyle choice" for Americans now.
- A Polish man, dissatisfied with his marriage, visited a local brothel...and was more than a little shocked to find out that his wife was among the employees.
- A New Jersey man is in hot water after receiving $469,000 in unintended paychecks from a company he applied to but never worked for. (It took company accountants only five years to realize their mistake.)
- A Florida man became irate when a McDonald's forgot to include his French fries with his order, so he created an extra drive-through for the restaurant.
- A thief made off with an unusual collection of loot when he or she stole 14 sousaphones from the band room at North Carolina Central University this week.
- And finally, a British man who ran into trouble on a solo transatlantic sailing excursion summoned help by calling the local pub back home on his satellite phone.
Saturday, January 19, 2008
A Saturday Smorgasbord
Once again, here's a collection of the things I ran across this week that I deemed blogworthy, but not quite enough to fill up an individual post by themselves: