Friday, November 21, 2003

Take Two on Part Three

It took over two weeks, but I finally saw Matrix Revolutions again tonight. I have to say I liked it even more the second time around; several things got cleared up, and since I already knew what was going to happen, I could catch more little details. I even "made peace" with the ending (thanx Matt B. for quote)...I'm fine with it now.

It seems as though the best way to enjoy this movie is to have watched the previous two (especially the original) several times before going to the theatre. Unfortunately, I'm one of the underprivileged few who doesn't own a DVD player yet, so the last time I saw the original was when my sister and brother-in-law got it, right after it came out...which Christmas was that again? I've already decided that I will have a player by the time this one (or, even better, the inevitable boxed set) comes out.

PLAYING IN THE KEVMOBILE TODAY: Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band, XXL. Yeah, I know I said I wasn't gonna buy any other CD's this month after my mass purchase a few weeks ago, but I heard this in Demon Halfling's car on the way to the Matrix the first time and my mouse finger just had to pull the Amazon trigger. Great new stuff, especially "A Game of Inches" (featuring multiple solo turns from Michael Brecker) and "Hunting Wabbits," which really could have been lifted from an old Warner Bros. cartoon (Goodwin's film-scoring chops are quite evident here; check out his website for more on the background of this amazing writer). And the remake of 1939's "Comes Love" (featuring Brian McKnight and Take 6) simply will not get out of my head. No sophomore slump here...

No comments: