Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Just a Little Reminder...

...of why I do what I do. And yeah, it might be lame to copy and paste stuff from Facebook, but this pretty much stands on its own, and I wanted a chance to share these sentiments with the part of the blogging world that's not also part of the Facebook world.

This was how my teaching day ended today:
This afternoon, a sixth-grader came in and played his B major scale, which he'd totally learned on his own just by "knowing what scales are supposed to sound like." I then showed him how to add more sharps and assigned F# for next week. If I ever needed a reminder of why I teach music, just watching the metaphorical l...ight bulbs go on like that will always do the trick.
That's what it's all about, folks. May you love your job as much as I love mine.

No comments: